How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14920
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I am thinking of setting up a property investment club using

Customer Question

I am thinking of setting up a property investment club using an LLP. It may eventually reach(###) ###-####members with some investing as little as £1000. Does this model have to be FCA regulated
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ive set up an LLP and have put together a business plan and am working on a prospectus. I have also agreed to purchase the first investment property.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There will no borrowing
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


Thank you for your query. If you are setting up any sort of venture which requires any form of financial advice or investment to and from an individual, you would require FCA approval.

To be completely sure, you would be better served contacting the FCA for a definitive answer.

I hope this answers your questions. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks