12826847

My car was impounded by police for lack of insurance and

Customer Question

My car was impounded by police for lack of insurance and they dvised a impouned insurance to release it cant i get a normal insurance to cover ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: am looking for a quote to have it released today,though i decided to seek dvise first
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Can you get normal insurance if it is impounded?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Well am asking whether I can have my car released from pound by getting the car insured on normal years insurance cover rather than impounded insurance cover. Both are insurances. Why should there be impounded cover as insurance is insurance.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

I suppose in legal theory, an insurance policy that covers you would be adequate but I don't think you can get convention insurance to drive away from a pound because of the high risk and the police won't release it without impound insurance unless, of course, you produce a police that shows you were insured at the time of being stopped. Can I clarify anything for you ? Jo