How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1606
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I agreed to put my friend's old sofas into storage

This answer was rated:

Hi, I agreed to put my friend's old sofas into storage temporarily while she bought the new ones that she wanted. But almost a year later, she is refusing to take them out. She refuses to talk to me about them and resolve the issue. Meanwhile I have to keep on paying the storage costs indefinitely. What can I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK, Birmingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just talked to her
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it


Welcome to JA.

Do you know your friends current address and was there an agreement in place that she will pay you back the storage fees?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, no I was doing this as a favour for her only. I am not asking for money back, I only want to end the storage arrangement. But she seems disinterested and is happy to leave me in limbo paying for storage fees indefinitely

Unfortunately I cannot take calls at the moment but one the experts will call you shortly to discuss the matter

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've just been charged £44 for a phone call, but I didn't get one, now you want me to pay another £44? What am I being charged for this time?

Hopefully the expert on the phone call clarified your query regarding the charges too. If not please contact the customer service as they will assist you.