Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I agreed to put my friend's old sofas into storage

Hi, I agreed to put my friend's old sofas into storage temporarily while she bought the new ones that she wanted. But almost a year later, she is refusing to take them out. She refuses to talk to me about them and resolve the issue. Meanwhile I have to keep on paying the storage costs indefinitely. What can I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK, Birmingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just talked to her
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it

Welcome to JA.

Do you know your friends current address and was there an agreement in place that she will pay you back the storage fees?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, no I was doing this as a favour for her only. I am not asking for money back, I only want to end the storage arrangement. But she seems disinterested and is happy to leave me in limbo paying for storage fees indefinitely

Unfortunately I cannot take calls at the moment but one the experts will call you shortly to discuss the matter

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've just been charged £44 for a phone call, but I didn't get one, now you want me to pay another £44? What am I being charged for this time?

Hopefully the expert on the phone call clarified your query regarding the charges too. If not please contact the customer service as they will assist you.