Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I've just had my drivers licence revoked through medical

I've just had my drivers licence revoked through medical reasons and it looks like I won't be able to drive no more. I have car on finance and don't know how to get out of this agreement with out it costing me too much
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sheffield
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None I only got the letter yesterday morning
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a mental health illness it involves my concentration
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sheffield in the United Kingdom
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I also had a Mini Stroke 2 years ago as well as a Brain Haemorrhage 13 years ago

Hi thank you for your message, I think your first port of call should be to speak to the finance company and see if you can negotiate an early release given the circumstances and perhaps a reduced payment in exchange for them taking the car and selling it on. Beyond this, you could look to sell the car on and calculate if there will be any difference in the sale price and the amount of the finance left owing. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.