12826847

I had a friend staying with me for free for seven months and

I had a friend staying with me for free for seven months and she has thrown allegations that I used for slavery. She reported this to Home Office to get her indefinite leave
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wilmslow uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I notify the police as she slandering my name in community too.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She stayed here but I never asked her to do any work. She lived in my house though at start agreed she would pay £500 and pay the bills. She gave me £500 deposit but never paid anything else other then petrol money to take her to her jobs
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Restraining order anyone know what I need to do
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Will I get an answer?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My friend so called as accused of labour bondage and reported this to Home Office
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She going round telling people she homeless and domestic abuse of which neither is true. I told her not come back as she kept threatening me.

Ok, so what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She gone and reported this to Home Office. She tarnish my name in the community and am worried about lies she has been telling.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had to tell her to leave my place
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She creating problems for me as some people believe these lies
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She had indefinite leave given to her

Ok, so what do you want to know?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What can I do in this matter

Well, there is no point in suing. She will have no money. but please don't worry. You are not going to be prosecute for people trafficking. There isn't the remotest evidence of that and people are always making that claim to get around immigration rules.

Never get involved with a victim. They always turn on you in the end.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I take constrainting order
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I helped get national insurance no, helped with children, gave her lifts to all her jobs. What if she tries to sue me. When she moved in she did work to my house without my permission then 4 months down the line claiming I owed her money.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She agreed to pay rent and bills while she stayed there.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I did not receive rent only £500 when she moved in

Yes, she is a professional victim. They are dangerous people. Have nothing to do with them. If you want to save something rescue a dog that won't accuse you of people trafficking. You don't want to start suing her. That will cost a lot of money.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
With what I told you from the list I did a tally of all worked carried out by her and also pointed out how much she owed me
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am worried she may try and fabricated and sue me

You could sue at the small claims court for money owed. But then you risk she will make a false allegation to escape that which she might. And she will have no money anyway.

she won't sue you and she has no reason to make allegations now that she has got her immigration status. Just don't engage with her or anybody like her. If you want to save tragedies then work with animals who are not responsible for their circumstances. Have nothing to do with victims and protect yourself.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks x

Don't be a saviour. Victims are not for you to save. Just look after yourself and other people who contribute to you as much as you do to them.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi sorry I was helping her with her family law case where I wrote a statement to the judge that I would support her and children til she got a job or benefits. Can I be liable for anything.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is the same person who accused me of slavery.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do I need to send a letter to Judge.

no, no, you acted in good faith. You just fell victim to an accuser.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Welcome