How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1543
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I have an ongoing issue with my mother she is 80 years of

This answer was rated:

I have an ongoing issue with my mother she is 80 years of age has 1% vision registered blind and classified as a vulnerable adult I was arrested and released with no case to answer a carer thought I was pushing my mum over and reported me I was arrested not allowed to return to my mothers bungalow and went through a month of hell she was released from hospital and 7 days later fell badly at night cut her forehead open a nasty cut requiring 19 stitches my mother has been placed in a care home to have rest bite and she has been interviewed by police social services and the safeguard team do again I am being wrongly accused my mother has told them it’s not true she fell on both occasions . I need advice I where I stand it’s destroyed me professionally as I need an enhanced DBS to work in education TVET both home and in Middle East.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: am in Essex in the UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I was arrested and messed about for a month had to stay in a hotel run up bills of over 2k
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This seems to be a witch hunt run by essex social services the police let them run with it I have heard from my previous duty solicitor that the police want to arrest me again a second time to answer questions last time it ran from 11th October arrest day till 14th november
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I now need your advice I am a professional college principal my reputation is being distorted with if police arrest me again tomorrow 2 arrests in just over a month could be career endingHow can I fight back safe guard is a good thing but when your innocent and on the wrong end of it like me life changing.Can social services leave my mother at the care home against her will?Can my mother legally be allowed to leave the care home at any time she was told this before she went in the only reason she agreed.?How can I protect myself and draw this horrible investigation to a quick conclusion?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Am happy to wait thanks you just need a solicitor who specializes in safeguarding very big in uk now

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Do you know why the carer may have brought these allegations against you? Do you know what your mother told the carer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My mother said nothing to the carer . The second arrest Sunday the police told me my mother had told 4 hospital staff I hit her with a blunt instrument and then got rid of it. A complete lie hospital staff raised the second staff guard my daughter was with her for 4 hours on arrival at the hospital. This is a complete which hunt two arrests 1st 11 October 2019 no case to answer thrown out on 14 November 19 then arrested last Sunday on bail until December 28 bailed to stay away from my mother and not to call her she is 80 blind a vulnerable adult needs my support now she will spend Xmas alone . My question is legally how can I fight back letter to police complaint commission? Then lette to head of essex social services? Claim money for hotels back by ombudsman ? Then if compensation poor get a solicitor at this stage to sue for damages like the MP has just won his case against met police last week and gained 1/2 million damages?Your advice please as am completely innocent this is the third time in 3 years I have been wrongly arrested the witch hunt needs to stop.I await a thorough answer this time please!ThanksDuncan

Hi, thank you for your message. The starting point will be to understand why the carer thought you were pushing your mother and what investigations have been done in regards ***** ***** allegations. You also need to know what was discussed in her interview with the police and social services. I would advise that you find a solicitor in your area to represent you and attend any interviews going forward. You should not attend any interviews with the police or social services without a solicitor present as anything you say or do not say can be used against you should the matter go further. It will be very important for you to have a solicitor present who can advise you on the law and procedure. You can find a solicitor through the law society using this function: (you will be able to search by area of expertise and location).

Unfortunately, if social services are concerned about your mothers safety at home they will need to keep her in a safe environment which includes a care home, but if she is of sound mind they cannot keep her against her will. As they have told her she can leave anytime she wants it appears they do not have concerns about her capacity to understand the situation and she should be able to leave if she wants to. In order to protect yourself and take the matter further you will need to:

1) Instruct a solicitor to represent you using the link above

2) Have the solicitor review all the evidence for and against your case

3) Instruct a solicitor to draft a complaint letter to the social services department involved using their complaint procedure

4) If this is unsuccessful the solicitor can help you draft a letter to the ombudsman

5) As a last resort take the matter to court for a judge to resolve the matter

You might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending a LawWorks Clinic. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website:

You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau ( For more information please visit: or Personal Support Unit for advice about a legal problem (For more information please visit:

You can get help with court fees if you are on low income. Please visit this link for more information:

I hope this helps. - if you can please accept the answer there will be a box to do so and give me a 5 star rating (top right corner of your screen) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1543
Experience: Lawyer
Joy Nicholas and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you