How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9845
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I am the claimant and applied for a Final Charging Order. I

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am the claimant and applied for a Final Charging Order. I have filed a certification of service as per CPR73.7(2) but forgot the statement of the amount due under the judgement or order.
Now, judge ordered me to comply with CPR 73.7(2) by filing a statement of the amount due under the judgment including any cost and interest.
What would be the form (if any) to file in or the format I should follow. Can I add any other costs i.e. land registry search fees, interim order application costs on top of the original judgment?
many thanks

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you this evening.

I attach a certificate of service (N215) and also a costs statement (N260).

You can claim the land registry fees and court fees, as well as the application costs - and under CPR rule 46.5, you can claim litigant in person fees of £19 per hour.

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already filed N215 with the court. So, is it only N260 I should fill in and send back to court?

Yes, the N260 sets out your costs so this is all that is required. If you send a completed copy to both the court and the other side too.

If you could either leave a rating and click “submit”, or confirm that I have answered your question for you, I would be very grateful.

Have a good evening,


JimLawyer and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not claiming any solicitor's fees. I just want to add the land registry fees, search fees, and the application costs. Are they all go into the "other expenses" section? and can you please let me know where does the original judgment amount go in this form?
thank you and regards

The original judgment doesn't go in that form as it is for costs only (not damages). Yes to the question about "other expenses".