INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

This is a property/ inheritance question, I’m in th UK in

This is a property/ inheritance question
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I’m in th UK in wales
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Nothing to hand it’s more a general query
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After my mother’s death there are 3 properties involved (there was money, which has been fairly divided up between me and my two sisters) . I live in one property valued at £150k which I wish to keep. The others we are likely to sell realising 300k . My mums will stated everything should be shared equally. I feel incredibly dumb asking this. If the house I’m keeping is valued at 150k then in theory , my two sisters get £150 each from the sale of the house. However if we sold the house we would each get 150k/3. If I was buying the house I would only have to pay £100k as a third is a share. I think I may be incredibly silly on this.

Thank you for your query. What is the value of the individual properties?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The house I’m in is £150k, the second property is £320k and the third is 190k but there is a mortgage of £100k (BTL no tenants in), so value is £90k.

The total value you would all receive is approximately £186,666.00. This is 150 + 320 + 90. Therefore, if you were to receive £36,666.00 from the sale of the other two properties, this would mean you all receive an equal share of the estate.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer nd provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sometimes it takes an outside sensible voice to spell it out!

It's a pleasure.

Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

many thanks