12826847

I have a situation where someone I used to work with has

I have a situation where someone I used to work with has bad-mouthed me to a potential new employer and prevented me being interviewed for the job. She is neither my referee neither does she represent the organisation we both used to work for. I've made a formal complaint to the organisation (a local authority). What else can I do?
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not as yet.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No, I'm currently unemployed and was put forward for a temp role by an agency.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Just to be clear, you no longer work there?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That's right, I left 5 years ago.

What is her connection to the new employer?