How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77589
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a situation where someone I used to work with has

This answer was rated:

I have a situation where someone I used to work with has bad-mouthed me to a potential new employer and prevented me being interviewed for the job. She is neither my referee neither does she represent the organisation we both used to work for. I've made a formal complaint to the organisation (a local authority). What else can I do?
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not as yet.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No, I'm currently unemployed and was put forward for a temp role by an agency.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Just to be clear, you no longer work there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's right, I left 5 years ago.

What is her connection to the new employer?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you