How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15029
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Please i will like to find out, i am a dependant of a tier 4

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: please i will like to find out, i am a dependant of a tier 4 student, we had an issue and i got pregnant by another man who is a settled person in the uk. i am tired of the marriage and want to move on with my new found love, please what do you advise i do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: nothing yet becos i dnt no the right steps to take, am from ghana.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing i live in the uk


Thank you for your query. What nationality is your new partner?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you for your response, he is british (originally from ghana)


When is the baby due?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
next year june
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my dependant visa expires feb 2021, and i am no longer interested in my current husband


Once the baby is born, he/she will be entitled to a UK passport based on the fathers nationality. At that point, I would suggest that you apply for discretionary leave to remain.

Discretionary leave to remain in the UK is granted to people who are able to prove to the Home Office that their circumstances are compelling on compassionate grounds or are such that they can be granted leave outside the immigration rules. This can only be approved by the Secretary of State.

In your case, it would be a human rights based application.

I would strongly advise you to engage with an immigration specialist when submitting your application.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you for you response. but i am still still under his visa, do i report we are seperating or wait until after i have my baby, that is why i am very confused. the minute i leave his visa i will not have a status here in the uk i guess. [please advise me further on how to proceed. can your firm help also when am ready for the whole process?


No, you should not do anything. As soon as you report to the Home Office that you are separating, unless it is due to domestic violence, they will curtail your visa. You need to hold on to your existing status as long as possible.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you very much. i appreciate your time. i will stay on his visa until after i put to bed. i will contact you as soon as i have my baby for further assistance.

It's a pleasure.

Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback so Ali can be credited by the Just Answer Site.

Many thanks

INC Law and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you