INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Can someone who was married in England get bigamously

Can someone who was married in England get bigamously married in Greece and avoid prosecution by claiming Irish nationality.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry where was what?
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is very complicated, he has abandoned his wife and children.

Thank you for your query. Bigamy is a crime in the UK and when in Ireland. Therefore, this matter should be reported to the Police.

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The person in question is using dual nationality to hide behind, he won’t accept British Jurisdiction because he claims to be Irish, he was born in Ireland to British parents but claims to be British when it suits him also.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Which Police should it be reported t.

it does not matter. You should report it to where he is resident. If this is in two locations, you should report it in both.

I hope this answers your questions. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He is working in Thailand which is where he has abandoned his wife and children who are trying to get back to Europe, they are not Thai Shebis Greek and the children were born in England.

This is complex. He should be reported in Thailand and the UK

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Than you for your help, it is complicated and because he his hiding behind dual nationality we don’t know who to ask for help.

If he was in Europe, it would be slightly more straightforward, however, as he is in Thailand, it makes it more complicated.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is a British court order enforceable in Thailand?

No. It can be taken to Thailand and then a similar judgement obtained through the Thai courts, but this would be a costly and complex process.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He has been told to appear at the family court in London in April, should we expose his bigamy before or when in court? we don’t know what to do.

You should expose this before and have it documented un the documents used in the hearing.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry, I will.m