12826847

Evening I am just getting another clarification and

EveningI am just getting another clarification and reassurance as I have been geting worried sick.
Yesterday, I got caught using my wife's train ticket with my photocard. I asked and she let me use it.
I also pasted over my photocard ID numbers with one of hers.
The train officer said the ticket is not transferable. And I have forged my photocard ID. She took them away, and I got penalised on the spot and paid the train ticket for the whole journey.
I am getting myself in with this big mess, and dragging my poor wife in.
Will I get charged with a very serious offence? Will she be too? What will happen to us?But please assist me what is the best thing I should do now. I wish to keep it private, if possible.
What are the information the police be looking for if we get called up?
Thank you for looking.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Is this the first time you've done this?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes. Sheer stupidity

Thanks for the information

The short answer is that you could be summonsed. It is not the act of using her card per se because people do that all the time and aren’t often charge or a first offence. It is the act of forgery that suggests a considered intention to defraud.

However, probably at this stage you would not. They have already issued a penalty. You might have been lucky but there you have it.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That's very reassuring to know. What will the information they need from me if I get the summon? Will this be at the police station? Is the act also called a fraud? Thanks

It is but I doubt they would charge the fraud. It is more likely to be ticketless travel. No, they would just summons you to court.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Will my wife be summoned too? She lent her card out of ignorance.
Will my background be investigated.? I am getting very nervous if my employer will find out and I get a mention on the professional board because of this.

No, they have no evidence against her.

I don't think they would put that amount of resources into this.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you ever so much for your kind and professional advice. Blessed you this Christmas.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/