JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I received this counsel report of last hearing what do you

Hi Jim
I received this counsel report of last hearing what do you make.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’m happy to wait for Jim to look at it since he knows the case well. If you could pass it to him, thanks

Thanks, the note is helpful although that judge was dealing with an injunction and simply made comments regarding a potential damages claim. So the claimant is now pursuing damages and can you remind me when the hearing is taking place? Is it this month?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
On Wednesday 4 December

I thought so, what would you like to know from the note which you uploaded to this question?.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Just wanted to know if there was anything I need to consider from this, I still feel confident that they have lied about eviction, harassment, and many other points.

Yes, I would not let that note muddy the waters and you should still proceed on the 4th in my view. You can't use that note at the hearing in any event as it is a privileged document between a solicitor and a client.

If you need any guidance about the hearing please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes please I would like some guidance about the hearing, if you prefer you can call me. Whatever is good for you.

OK, so the claimant will be asked to state their case and you will have the opportunity to state your defence - the judge will ask questions from you both. I would try and resist the urge to tell the judge the claimant is a liar/fraudulent, etc - keep level headed and just keep it factual. You can invite the judge to make up their mind about the "credibility" of the claimant and her evidence - and that the claim is without merit and so forth. She may show herself up but the judge will not want to hear any bad language, bad-mouthing, mud-slinging, etc.

JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Senior Associate Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you, you’ve been most helpful as always. Thanks again. I feel confident that my evidence and defence is strong.

No problem at all. And if you address the judge as "Sir" or "Madam", be polite and keep everything factual. Say to the judge that you doubt the claimant's credibility for (list reasons why) and that you therefore invite the judge to strike out the claim.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you Jim most helpful.