How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14427
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I received a community resolution with the charge of a

This answer was rated:

Hello, I received a community resolution with the charge of a cannabis possession. Does this count as a cannabis warning? As I understand this replaces cannabis warnings. In this case, when asked if I ever received a warning, should I disclose the community resolution? Thank you

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You do not need to declare.

It is not a warning.

It is a resolution.

So not a warning. Therefore no need to declare.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Does this affect any visa application in the uk?

Not unless asked. Its not a conviction or caution.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If the home office were to do a check, would they be able to see this? And if they do, will it affect chances for the success of a tier 2 visa ?

No, it does not show.
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Will it be asked if one were to apply for citizenship in the future ?

Sadly I dont know. Your question was does this count as a warning, not will it affect any visa application.

You may need to post a new thread for that aspect.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also, what is the process to having this expunged/ and what are the chances of success?

You can't get it removed. It happened, its accurate.

You would need to seek a Judicial Review in the High Court.

Cost would be around £15,000 or so.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes, thanks a lot