How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37833
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Are there specialist military lawyers that collectively and

Customer Question

Are there specialist military lawyers that collectively and actively represent the concerns of service men who served for a number of years prior to 1975 but do not have any pension pro-rata their years served?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Great Britain.
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Difficult to break through the government red tape as I understand it.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know that there is a group "weareveterrans" who are supporting a public poll going through. The truth is that there a couple of million vets who receive no recognition for the years served which is probably why the MoD doesn't want to know.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Due to lateness of the hour and your amazing responsiveness I am quite happy to pick up the answer tomorrow. Regards, Geoff.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 months ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for responding as quickly as you did! I've been waiting for an answer for many years so can wait a little longer. I am also aware that there has been some sizeable focus put on this long-running sore that effects many thousands of ex-service men and women but sadly whose lives are coming to a close. It is in the government's interest to let this run without resolution as long as possible and in mine and others like me to take action. I am aware that over the last couple of years or so that a focus has been put on this subject and wanted to know what group or organisation that I can turn to and join provided that they have legal representation and currently pursuing the government for an answer. Regards... Geoff.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Sorry for the delay. How can I help?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
AS in the email trail above I'm looking for the name of the group or organisation that has interest in taking ex-military personnel's request for back-payment of their pension contribution prior to 1975 please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was expecting to research this subject within the initial scope of the question for £5 rather than being hit with a bill so early in the process.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

I'm not going to be able to research the entire issue of back payments of pensions for £5. I could refer you to somebody who can by means of a call?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response. On reflection I will pursue this subject via a different source but had hoped that it could have been resolved via JustAnswer within the £5 within 7 days.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Ok, all the best.