JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

If I take a contract to arbitration can it be put on hold so

Customer Question

If I take a contract to arbitration can it be put on hold so I don’t have to sign it until the arbitrators sort it out
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Plymouth
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None as only got the contract on saturday
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The contract is for a franchise that I have been running for the past 13 years and has been totally updated compared to the last contract
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have the contract in paper form so will need to get it put on my computer tomorrow before I can send it to you, but can answer any questions you have for me
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That’s Plymouth in the uk
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 8 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

There is no reason in law why you can't do this, i.e. wait for the outcome of the arbitrator's decision (their decision is binding on the parties and as there is a dispute, it makes no sense to sign the contract until the decision is known). Let me know if you want me to look at the contract with any further queries you may have.

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Hi, please let me know if any of what I have said requires clarification. I am happy to help. In the meantime if you could either leave a rating and click “submit”, or confirm that I have answered your question for you, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim