UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I might meet a romance scammer on line. Assistant: Where are

Hello, I might meet a romance scammer on line.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Taiwan. The man said he is an Englishman in Manchester
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: He said he worked in Jerusalem now. He cannot finish his project there and he needed money to help him. I had transferred money twice to him. But he still can't solve it, he wants me to help him third time
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I serch his email address on Google, and found someone else has the similar situation. She left some messages in British Embassy Berlin facebook site. The same name and address of the Englishman. I don't know who can help me to find out if he is a scammer. If he is the scammer, how can I get the money back from him

If you have never met this person face to face, it is very likely that he is a scammer.

The person may say that they are in the UK, but they could easily be in Africa, scamming people like you. Such dating scams are very common.

You should not send any more money to the person and it would be almost impossible to recover the money you have already sent this person as these people could be part of organised crime syndicates.

I would advise you to stop all communication with the person.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have the man's email, UK address, phone numbers.
Can I report to the British police?
I want to collect more evidences to arrest him

Yes, you may report him to the Police, see here:https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Please leave a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars