Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My work cause me a surgery Assistant: Where are you? It

My work cause me a surgery
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I emailed the company explaining everything and they are really scared because they know I am telling the true
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how I can take legal action ??
Hi, thank you for your message. Can you briefly explain your case please?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I work in retail where the air con was broken and that caused us to suffer at work, London is cold now but at my work is like summer or more than summer. I have seen people getting dizzy, customers feeling dizzy. Staff getting sick. And yet no one was sent to fix the air con.

So we all will bring bottles of water. Long story short.

Because at work was so hot, it will give me migraine so on 17/11/19 I had a perforation because I drunk so much water.

I was in shock to know that if you drink more that what u should this can happen. But I blame my managers because when we complain about the situation they just keep telling us to drink water.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I emailed HR and they are really scared because they know they could have prevented this

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

1) I would advise that you raise a grievance with your employer through their grievance procedure. You can also follow the ACAS code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures here: https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2174. The emphasis of this Code is to try to resolve grievances informally, without reverting to a formal procedure, or to resolve them with the help of a third party (mediator). If an informal grievance is not possible you can start a formal grievance. This should be done in writing and should set out the nature of the grievance.2)Your employer should invite you to a meeting following the grievance. I would recommend that you bring a companion to the meeting.For more information on who you can bring to the hearing please visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/problems-at-work/disciplinary-meetings/who-can-accompany-you-to-a-disciplinary-meeting/3)Contact ACAS. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300 123 1100).4) As a last resort you will need to take the employer to the employment tribunals. You will need to contact ACAS if you wish to take this course of action.I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks so much that was helpful