How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1599
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

My work cause me a surgery Assistant: Where are you? It

This answer was rated:

My work cause me a surgery
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I emailed the company explaining everything and they are really scared because they know I am telling the true
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how I can take legal action ??
Hi, thank you for your message. Can you briefly explain your case please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I work in retail where the air con was broken and that caused us to suffer at work, London is cold now but at my work is like summer or more than summer. I have seen people getting dizzy, customers feeling dizzy. Staff getting sick. And yet no one was sent to fix the air con.So we all will bring bottles of water. Long story short.Because at work was so hot, it will give me migraine so on 17/11/19 I had a perforation because I drunk so much water.I was in shock to know that if you drink more that what u should this can happen. But I blame my managers because when we complain about the situation they just keep telling us to drink water.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I emailed HR and they are really scared because they know they could have prevented this

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

1) I would advise that you raise a grievance with your employer through their grievance procedure. You can also follow the ACAS code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures here: The emphasis of this Code is to try to resolve grievances informally, without reverting to a formal procedure, or to resolve them with the help of a third party (mediator). If an informal grievance is not possible you can start a formal grievance. This should be done in writing and should set out the nature of the grievance.2)Your employer should invite you to a meeting following the grievance. I would recommend that you bring a companion to the meeting.For more information on who you can bring to the hearing please visit: ACAS. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300(###) ###-####.4) As a last resort you will need to take the employer to the employment tribunals. You will need to contact ACAS if you wish to take this course of action.I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today
Joy Nicholas and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks so much that was helpful