How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1586
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Is a bail condition to contact my wife of 30 plus years open

This answer was rated:

Is a bail condition to contact my wife of 30 plus years open to appeal? I also can’t go near my freehold property or within 1 mile of it
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk england
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Stressed
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. Can you briefly explain your case please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
For some reason I told a doctor that my husband had hit me. They called the police. Husband was PACE arrested. .......released on pre-charge bail. Condition not to go within 1 mile from my home/business or contact my wife (who lives at said business).A second question, sorry.Officers searched my house top to bottom. Emptying EVERYTHING in search of a specific hat.They found it and claim my husband hit my hat wearing head.They are conducting DNA/forensics etc on the hat now.My husband is seen on our CCTV the day prior AND on the police interview tape, wearing a very large thumb bandage.The incident the police speak of never took place. My husbands bandage fibres will not be in the hat. Nor will any of his blood. Do I tell point the police towards this? I want the bail conditions lifting as you can imagine!

Hi, thank you for your message. It is a difficult situation as you have claimed that your husband hit you but now are saying he did not. This is very common in domestic abuse cases and the police must therefore take these allegations very serious. This because many women that are victims of domestic abuse tend to change their stories in fear of what will happen to their husband or their future. If it is the case that he did not hit you than you will need a good reason to explain why you initially said that he did. I would strongly advise that you instruct a solicitor in your area to represent you in this matter. At this point the police will finish carrying out their investigations and if they find no reason to charge your husband he will be able to come home. The difficulty here is that you have accused him of hitting you. Therefore as stated above you should instruct a solicitor to represent you and explain the full situation the solicitor. If you are further questioned by the police you should only do so in the presence of a solicitor.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner and just answer will credit me for helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your time

No problem.I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.

Joy Nicholas and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you