UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

Last saturday we were kick out from the cinema because my

good Morning,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: last saturday we were kick out from the cinema because my wife used her phone to record a story for her Intagram. They acuse us of been traying to steal the movie for piracy purpose wich is ridiculus. I think the cinema staff has overreacted. My wife know she fill depress and humillated. Bearing in mind we a foreigners in this country this is for us a very bad experience . I would like to know If is there any posible legal action we can take agains them?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i sent a complain to the cinema head office
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if is possible to take legal action against them for abuse and defamation

Hello and welcome to just answer. I am reviewing your question and will provide a response shortly.
Please note this is not a chat service so there may be delays in responding.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is okay thanks.

Hello and thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, there is no legal action you can take here as cinemas do make it clear to switch off phones and not record any material of the film showing. There are strict laws in place to cover this.

If you feel you have been abused then you may complain to the cinema about your treatment by their members of staff. It may be the case that even though though your wife was not allowed to use the phone, the treatment could have been handled better, however as far as legal action, there would be no recourse I am afraid.

I am sorry this is not the news you wanted to hear, but I do have a duty to be honest with you, and would be grateful if you could take a moment to provide a positive rating by clicking the stars above. Please do return to the site if you need any further assistance, it will be my pleasure to assist you. Kind regards, John.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thanks

My pleasure, I wish you all the best. And please do not forget to leave a rating, kind regards, John.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have another question. I'm a engineer working for an international company, i travel all around the world for more than 180 days per year. Several time I have been stop by the police for questions about my trip and who I'm. I can believe is a Random choice when the officer select me, but because I cross the border several times during the year and always they stop me, I start thinking that the reason why they choice me is because of my (arab) ethnicity . Last time the officer even ask me If I want to be contacted by the military for question regarding the countries which I visit, for instance: Congo, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Ivory coast, Tunisia. Also a lot of question about me which I dont like to share.

I would like to know my right, what should i share with them and what things they are no allow to ask me. And because this experience happens to me quite often, what can I do to challenge this situation?.

I don't think someone has to be stop and questioned every time only because of his appearance.