Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I ordered a softback textbook, which also comes in a more

I ordered a softback textbook, which also comes in a more expensive hardback form, from Amazon a month ago which as advertised comes with a DVD. The book arrived with no DVD. I sent the book back and received a refund. I double checked online, and decided the textbook was what I wanted, and spoke to an Amazon representative on Amazon Chat, asking whether the softback textbook edition does come with a DVD. I was assured that I would receive the DVD with the softback book, and was encouraged to order online. I ordered online and received the book again with no DVD. I am told by Amazon that they are aware of the previous conversation, but that there is no DVD available. I am told the only options available to me would be to keep the book with a partial refund, or to return the book for a full refund. Is this correct?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northampton.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

This if you are asking whether you can force them to let you have a DVD, no you can’t. Even county court cannot order an impossibility.

They are in breach of the consumer rights act for selling something which is not of satisfactory quality, not fit for purpose, and not advertised your rights are a full refund or partial refund you are happy with that. I’m sorry to say, yes they are correct.

If I have answered your question for you, at the top of the page, you should see a rating facility. Can you please rate my reply 3 stars or more because that really helps me? Please note you are not rating whether it’s favourable, because sometimes you may not get the answer you want, but basically my knowledge and way of dealing.

The thread does not close and I am happy to answer any questions you may have arising from this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Many thanks for a prompt answer. Kind Regards.