How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7079
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I work for a company in South Devon and we are looking to

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I work for a company in South Devon and we are looking to employ a Nigerian national who is currently working in Dubai - do we need a VISA for him first or can he come to the uk, start working and we make the application for him that way
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We have not taken any yet. I worked with him in London 5 years ago but I think he may have been on a tourist or student VISA. I have identified a role in the business I am currently employed with that he would be perfect for. We have not advertised the job
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No - the earliest I can get an appointment is 6th January for a telephone consultation with Albany Solicitors
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not especially - the company is a bakery


He needs a work visa before he may come to the UK to work for you.

The usual category is a Tier 2 general visa and you need to be a licensed sponsor:

Getting licensed is a complicated process unfortunately.

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do we start the process for becoming a licensed sponsor. Is there a firm we can use?

There are several firms that assist with this e.g.

All the best