UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I have Limited Leave to remain for 30 months. This expires

Hello, I have Limited Leave to remain for 30 months. This expires on 28 January 2020. My Mother recently passed away, and I want to attend her funeral which is on 28 December 2019. How will this affect my upcoming application to extend my leave to remain?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Thank you for answer. At the moment I have not filed any papers yet as its more than 28 days before it expires. I live here in London, I am Jamaican
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

hi, thank you for your question.

How many day has you spent outside of the UK since you visa was granted?

How long do you intend to stay when you attend the funeral?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I will stay in Jamaica for about 14 days. I last travelled to Jamaica December 2018 and spent about 22 days there, before returning to the UK

Thank you for your reply.

If you will return prior to the expiry of your visa and submit an in time application then you visiting Jamaica should not have any effects on your extension application.

I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating and feedback.