UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Question on III family reunion for refugees registered in

question on Dublin III family reunion for refugees registered in GreeceI am a spouse visa UK resident- could my brother who registered asylum in Greece make an application to transfer himself to uk via Dublin III family reunion?
if so what documents does he or myself need to provide??thanks
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no step yet, uk,
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi , Thank you for your question.

How long has your brother been in Greece? Has he been issued with refugee status?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hes been in greece for 2 years, yes he got card so he has refugee status

Thank you for your reply.

As your brother has already claimed and obtained refugee status is Greece he would not be able to now try and come to the UK under family reunion. Had he still been in is home country and you had been in the UK on a refugee status then he would have been able to apply to join you in the UK under the family reunion visa. But as he is already out of his come country and been issued with refugee status in Greece he would not be able to move the UK.

I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating and feedback.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can he apply for transfer to uk while his refugee/ asylum application is pending in greece, also im not a refugee in the uk i came to uk on spouse visa.

Thank you for your reply.

This is why he cannot apply to come to the UK as a refugee as you are already on a spouse visa and did not come to the UK as a refugee. He will not be able to transfer his application to the UK as a refugee needs to claim asylum when they enter a country they feel safe in ie Greece, he cannot now pick and choose which country he wants to transfer to simply because he may have a relative there. If this was the case he should have applied for asylum in the UK and not Greece when he first left his country.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
okay but, authority in greece are telling him they can tranfer his case to the uk, under Unaccompanied minors, and in some circumstances adults, in Europe with relatives in the UK may be able to ask to transfer their asylum claim to the UK to be reunited with family. The MLP has successfully argued for a number of children and vulnerable adults to be brought to the UK to be reunited with their family members under the provisions of Dublin III.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
could you please response to last question