F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I rang to inquire about a pension and have a written

I rang to inquire about a pension and have a written statement with a forecast on. I have now been informed they have made a mistake and I have no pension saying they transferred an amount in 1991 to another account this I don't remember , My problem is I have given my notice to retire on the ground of this statement which I received in September and my position has now been filled and I have only just been informed the have made an error. I would be grateful for any advice about this. ***** *****
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: This pension was from my old employer Sears who I left 30 years ago and no there was no union there
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think I can think of anything

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

who was the statement from?

what does it say about your fund please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Statement from Premier - deferred pension at date of leaving £ 649.92 a year and deferred pension at current date £ 2,671.17 a year

I have client at moment but will call you asap - if this is ok then please reply to me here so i know you are waiting

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That’s fine thank you

We spoke