JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I received a WhatsApp message on the home screen .. it

Hi. I received a WhatsApp message on the home screen .. it looked like a picture of a barrister? & looked like it said serving 2 wks notice? I when to get my glasses to read it properly & dropped the phone .. when I went to look, I could find the message anywhere? How could contact the sender or find out if I’m required in court? Tnx.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

What would you like to know please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, as mentioned in my previous message if I’ve happened to accidentally delete a court summons by WhatsApp... how do I find out if it’s actually real or who to reply to?

Thanks, you would never receive a summons via Whatsapp. The court service simply doesn't do this - it is 100% by post .

I am unsure what the message was nor who it was from but I can assure you it is not a court summons.

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Tnx. If not a summons by WhatsApp could it be possible for someone to serve notice by WhatsApp ?nx.

No, it can only be served by post or email (or fax). Whatsapp is not a valid means to serve court documents.