How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7083
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have a question regarding UK Student Visa for

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have a question regarding UK Student Visa for international students
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't yet filled paperwork. I am a Kuwaiti citizen and live in Kuwait
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: havent yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope


What would you like to ask?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi.. I previously got accepted in a postgraduate program in UK but didn't complete it due to a family emergency and had to return home. I was sponsored by my dad and later discovered that he had received an email regarding payment he had to make. My question is, will this affect me in receiving a student visa to the UK in the future? Thanks

No, you may simply go ahead and apply again. It will be assessed on its own merits.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Even if my dad didn't pay the owes, there isn't anything to worry about?

Sorry, whom did he have to make payment to?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the university

That is a debt to the university in that case. It does not affect your visa application.

However, I would suggest that the debt be cleared to avoid any risk of your dad being taken to court in the UK.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. Done..