JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I just received an email from the claimants solicitors about

Hi Jim
I just received an email from the claimants solicitors about the extra evidence, they can’t add it to the bundle. Can I still present the extra evidence in court. I have emailed it to the court also. I attach there response.

Hi again, OK so send the additional evidence to the court (bring a copy with you on the 4th) and say the evidence was refused by the solicitors to be included and that you want it to be taken in to account at the hearing. You have emailed the court but I would still take a copy with you (courts can be slow). When you are at the hearing, ask the judge if they have the papers in front of them (your additional evidence).

The judge will ask the claimant's solicitors why they refused. The judge should let it in as there is an ongoing duty to disclose evidence on both sides.

Thanks again,

Jim

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Jim, yes I will take an extra copy for both parties.
Also I had requested hospital discharge letter from them in August. They make excuses they haven’t received it from the hospital They claimed she was discharged from hospital on 23 April. I think they are lying about this.

They could be although I know hospitals can take a while but generally not more than 40 days under a data protection request. So they are likely to have them. You can ask them about this on the 4th.