INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I would like to ask about copyright of an app, none it is a

Hi i would like to ask about copyright of an app
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: none it is a windows app
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: no, i was thinking of building an app using a current windows app as a template but i dont know if there would be any copyright issues
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all thanks

Thank you for your query. Can you explain whether you will be using any proprietary information in the App?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I wont be using any of the information but only as a template of what my app will be similar to

If that is the case, then you should not have any issue, however, if you use any proprietary information, such as the logo itself or any other such information, you will.need to obtain a licence from the copyright holder.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks