Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I would like to ask for some advice, I live in Oxford but

Hi! I would like to ask for some advice
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Oxford but its quite urgent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is about an emotional abuse
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok we can maybe just chat
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I really would like to have an answer now
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Is there someone I could talk to?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
or who is going to answer my question?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have been threatened and I would like to know what could I do to defend myself in this case.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I added a photo

Hi thank you for your message, what is your query please? You have been threatened on facebook?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I had been threatened on instagram page
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
but not mine but the half sister's abuser
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If I pay £44
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
could we talk now?

Hi thank you for your message, I see is that the picture you uploaded? What is the nature of the threat? I cannot do a call but can advise via message so please ignore this

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
have you seen my last message
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi have you seen my previous messages?

You mentioned you were threatened on your half sister's abuser's instagram page, that message?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will not call sorry

Then I can see a picture with someone called Katie mentions the other person is a psychopath and below that greta mentions something which is not fully readable

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
but could we chat here?

Yes chat is absolutely fine

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
so this is the story
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
very briefly
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I know this is very sensitive content but lm pretty worried. I was so angry that l reacted very badly after l finally accepted that my relationships were abusive and l was with a narcissist. So, l went back to tell the narcissist half-sister and his family about their toxic relationship and the damage caused by them together. I also warned her husband about their behavior.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I sent messaged them via facebook using my own account and commenting publicly on their own walls
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
then they blocked me and I opened other accounts and send them messages. I just said they were abusing me during the relationship with me
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
but they obviously do not believe me and now they are threating me
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I sent that picture
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am in UK with an artist visa
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the concerning part is that one day I was so stressed that I apologize and I send a message to him saying he could go to the police and denounce me for the letters because I was so sad maybe I deserved it

Hi thank you for your message, what are there threats though?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
the thread says:

Is your concern about your visa?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
my concern is what they can do against me
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
after the thread. The thread says:
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Veronica you are a psychopath! ; ) Keep commenting, messaging, writing, letters, et. you are just adding to your propf and evidence and it wont be long until this is put to bed. Enjoy it whilst it lasts xoxo
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
she posted this on her Instagram personal account
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
that is the threat
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
so I want to know what are the possible outcomes
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
he is the abuser not me
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
so what is your advice?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Jeremy are you there?

Hi thank you for your message, I see. Well in essence if what you posted was just what I can see or just contained comments around the nature of the abuse you have suffered which did not descend into threats of violence yourself then there is not much they can do. It is possible they will try to report something to the police who may have a word with you but I do not consider it will go beyond that. The more concerning thing would be if they try to report it to the home office but even there, generally they are only interested in cautions, convictions and warnings not someone reporting something with no follow up. In the circumstances therefore, you should avoid communicating with the parties concerned and it should resolve itself. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Dear Jeremy, Thank you very much for your message. I just wondered if that could affect my temporal residency in UK and applying for my residency in the future.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I never threatened them with violence to any of them. I actually warn them from the abuser's behavior.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
However, I said once to him in an email I did not want to live anymore.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I do not contact them anymore at all.

Hi thank you for your message, without more then no. The main issue would be if they try to report it to the police or home office but even then the home office are not likely to be interested and the police might just come and have a word but once you have explained that should be it and that is only if they go that far which of course, they might not do. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I accept your answer and I would like to say thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate you had the time to read my messages. I hope you can help other women who had suffered from emotional abuse which is very hard to proof.

Glad I could help, take care.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I will do.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I actually have another question
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
sorry

Yes, go ahead.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I warn them that the abuser and his half-sister may have a genetic sexual attraction syndrome and this is why they have this anxious codependent relationship. I posted paragraphs of the guardian article talking about this. posted as anonymous on her Instagram accounts.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
would they accuse me of defamation?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
maybe this sounds like a more serious accusation
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
if they go to the police could I also say about the abuse of this guy tell them about the abuse by this person?

When you say you posted it anonymously do they know it is you?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I posted it anonymously but the threat on her Instagram says keep commenting, sending letters, messaging writing, you are just adding to your proof and evidence and it will not be long until this is put to bed.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
so they know it's me because I posted the things she sent him the videos she sent to him, the songs, all that she sent to him during our relationship.

Hi thank you for your message, well in terms of posting an article that is not defamation. In terms of saying they have some kind of dependant relationship that is slightly more difficult but overall I think it is too vague to be defamatory and in any event defamation is a civil not a criminal matter and it costs thousands of pounds to pursue something of that nature so unless they have money to burn its unlikely they could afford to pursue it even if it was defamatory which as I say I do not think it is.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok thanks a lot for your input! I am sorry for saying these things domestic drama, You may have more important things to do. However, could I actually tell the police that I went to hospital to ask for help because he prohibited visiting him and the hospital gave me an antipsychotic very high doses for several days. Then he came back a day later and knowing I was poorly he came to my place had relationships and propose traveling to Mexico.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Could I expose my situation? Saying he stayed at my place for days not paying rent, bully me until I had to ask him to stop telling me I did not know anything to do.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
that I was in constant stress and suffering trying to get therapy to improve myself while at the same time he was using me?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
that even the sister told him it was good he was not paying rent knowing I was not in a good financial situation?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
that is my last question
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
is there some sort of justice for emotional abuse?

Hi thank you for your message, you can look to report it to the police yes, under something called coercive control. Coercive control is an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.

This controlling behaviour is designed to make a person dependent by isolating them from support, exploiting them, depriving them of independence and regulating their everyday behaviour. This is a criminal offence.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Even if this finished in August?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I think it is too late now. Isn't it?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
he could say it was me the one who was abusing him for the apparent love I had for him but I did not really know it was fear.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
and now with my messages, it could go against me

Hi thank you for your message, not necessarily no abuse is abuse. That said, you should consider carefully if you want to go down this route.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
where could I get more information about it?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The fact he had a sexual relationship with me after me going to the hospital really traumatized me because I could not see on time that was abuse.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much. I will finsh the conversation now because I am super tired of the stress of this situation.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks Jeremy for your advice.

Glad I could help, take care.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I will

Great.