Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Some help/advice on Tier 4 Dependent Visa, I am in London

Hello My name is***** some help/advice on Tier 4 Dependent Visa
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am in London Visa status: Tier 4 General Dependant where I am eligible to work full time in my profession (IT)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: but no of the recruiter is aware or open to having a discussion on work
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, what is your query please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello Jeremy!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your time
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I need some advice on Tier 4 General Dependant visa
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am in London holding Tier 4 General Dependant visa as my wife she is a Tier 4 Student
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am eligible to work full time in my profession ( i.e. in IT)
but none- of the recruiters are aware of this type of visa and ready to offer a job until i have Tier 2 General.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you help me on this?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Jeremy, are you with me?

Hi thank you for your message, yes I am here.

Have you spoken to recruiters who specialise in IT placements?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes, many
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have applied to more than 20 jobs.......... they are just scared to take Tier 4 dependants as they think I have work only for limited hours
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But as per my visa, I am restricted to work as a doctor, Sports Trainer and Dental and rest is permitted

Hi thank you for your message, this is strange given you actually have less restrictions than a tier 2. The difficulty would be that it would cost you money and would not grant you greater freedom to get a tier 2, however, if that is the only way for you to get a job would you consider applying for a tier 2 and switching from your current tier 4 dependent visa?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay and I think I am a bit scared and confused.

Ok, why are you scared?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Because If I do any changes to my Visa and something goes wrong I will be restricted to work and leave the country if I opt for Switching visa, As my wife, she has 2 years course and she will be alone
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
And there is no such post from UK Gov for Tier 4 General Dependant to show the recruiters/Company that I have a full-time work permit. They just compare me as Tier 4 Student visa eligible to work 20 hours and reject my application stating they need a contract/Permanent who can work for 40 hours a week.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Any comments or suggestions you have for me?

Hi thank you for your message, in terms of switching your old visa would not end unless or until you switch onto a new valid visa i.e. your tier 4 dependent would carry on until you get a tier 2 general if you do not get this, then your tier 4 dependent carries on and if you do then your tier 2 kicks in at that point. However, I note this page from the UK council for international student affairs confirms tier 4 dependents can work as here: https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Visas-and-Immigration/Dependants#layer-3378

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for sharing the post and I have already gone through the website.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Even I referred to switch visa from Tier 4 to Tier 2 work Visa
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

Hi thank you for your message, so do you have any queries about switching?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What are the chances of switching visas and requirements for the same?

Hi thank you for your message, from the sounds of it you have found employers who would be willing to employ you if you were on a tier 2 is that right?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
To be frank, I have attended many interviews but I got rejected due to Visa type currently I have one recruiter who spent some time to understand the visa type and processed my resume to their client
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Finger cross whether they reject to schedule an interview call on Wednesday.

Hi thank you fro your message, so did you have a query about the legal requirements for the tier 2? You would have a good chance if you did want to look to switch.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I need your suggestion on it and smooth process of Switching visa without separating my wife with me :-)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The legal requirement says I need to get sponsorship and just option to switch visa to tier 2 without more info.

Hi thank you for your message, so your best option is to apply to switch to tier 2 which you can do without losing your tier 4 dependent visa status. The benefit of this also is that when your wife finishes studying in a couple of years then she can become your dependent on tier 2 if she wants until she can get a job. So for a tier 2 visa you need a sponsor i.e. an employer who will be registered with the home office and they need to have a certificate of sponsorship from the home office which they in essence assign to you. There are some sponsors that are already approved and you might look for IT firms in here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers

Or you might want to talk to recruiters about potential sponsors.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can I get a copy of the chat history? If yes, please send me @ [email protected]
Thanks and you be helpful and understand my situation

Hi thank you for your message, you may be able to do this but sadly I not know how. That said if you ask customer services they should help. In the interim I would appreciate if you could please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Glad I could help, take care.