How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14906
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I was manipulated to getting a contract for a friend when I

This answer was rated:

I was manipulated to getting a contract for a friend when I had a breakdown now there refusing to pay and I have a bad credit score
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in county durham
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps just don't no what I can do
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There's nothing else
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know what else I can do but it's stopping me from getting any contract


Thank you for your query. How much is the amount owed to you?

With reference to the contract, you are still liable to pay the existing contract or outstanding debt

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it's £720 but could be more
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah I'm still liable to pay for contract but I can't afford it and wanting some advice to try and sort something and see what I can do


With reference to the contract, you are still liable to pay this and should arrange to make payments as soon as possible.

With reference to your friend, I would suggest that you send them a letter demanding that they pay you the sum of £720 or any other such amount you feel you are owed within 14 days or you will issue legal proceedings without further notice.

If at the end of the 14 days, younhave not been paid, you will have to issue your claim. You will be able to do this online at:

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

INC Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you