Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can a police officer have a relationship with a person with

Can a police officer have a relationship with a person with a criminal record or someone arrested for obstruction ?
Assistant: What were they charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: Being part of the extinction rebellion protest in Westminster. My daughter's current boyfriend is an officer and is under pressure to end the relationship. The case is due Dec 10 and she will plead guilty
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: Westminster Bridge, before she started seeing the officer
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was part of a peaceful protest, no resistance to arrest

Hi thank you for your message, yes they can there is no rules about this provided of course they have not attempted to pervert the course of justice or otherwise had a dereliction of duty to assist the person in question or some extreme scenario but being in a relationship with someone with a criminal record is not an issue. I understand your daughters boyfriend is being pressured in this regard he should take this up with his union or representative body depending on his rank such as the police federation or if he is more senior the association of chief police officers. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy

Glad I could help, take care.