Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am staying in a hotel which is not the cleanest of places

I am staying in a hotel which is not the cleanest of places but a big branded name, I was bitten by a spider (big spider) which got me sick for days and left my foot bleeding and infected and now scared. I am unable to walk currently and on meds.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London Heathrow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only Medication since this was most important , I am still in the hotel, I have videos of the spider and my foot .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The hotel was informed but did not care, Today I am writing there Health and safety department a full complaint letter.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Do you want to sue? I dont think you would get more than £25,000 or so.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am sick unable to work , I just lost a 30k work job because I am stuck here, I went doctors today they put me on different meds. I want to sue for this + loss of earnings.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If they do not compensate, what type of lawyer I need? A no win no fee option is available?

Personal Injury and you could get a no win no fee.

https://bdl-uk.com/

Does that clarify: