chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I having some issues with local trading standard officers.

Hi, I having some issues with local trading standard officers.

Thank you for your query. kindly explain the situation further

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, Thanks for your message! It happened on 06/11/19 Wednesday, trading standard officers visited our restaurant and found some of opened bottles spirit not matches alcohol strength behind the bar.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
And letter came down a week later asked my director and me (manager) to interview on 19/12/2019
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
There are around 2-3% below the standard strength.

I assume that this is PACE Interview. You would be permitted to take a Solicitor or other legal representative.

The purpose of the interview would.be to establish where you purchased the items from and how long you have been supplying them to members of the public.

I would strongly suggest that you take a legal representative with you.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The reason why the alcohol strength lower than bottle labelled,because once I refill use new smaller size bottle, I always think there is small amount in the bottom of bottle, I try to stop wasting and used small amount of water to rinse bottle and mixed into the spirit . How stupid I am !

You will need to explain this, and unfortunately this is an offence.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I didn’t know this is an offence, is it serious?

It would be a fine at most.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We are trading as limited company,Is it company will get fine?

Yes, the limited company

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi, does anybody working for this company get punishment? including me(manager). Thanks!

A company is a separate entity from an individual