JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I signed today a order that says it os a legally binding

hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i signed today a order that says it os a legally binding agreement whici is non cancellable
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have changed mind can I can ask for refund
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you this evening.

It depends on a few factors, such as whether you are a consumer or a business (mainly) and whether you placed an order online, over the telephone or in person at your house (with a sales agent there, for example).

Can you please elaborate on the agreement.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I sent you a copy of agreement

Thanks, I will take a look

Are you a business? How was the order placed and paid for?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I m not a business
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I went to the studio today I paid with my card when I signed I haven't read properly
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't want the pix anymore and I would love a refund

Thanks, so a consumer has a right of cancellation for up to 14 days if they paid and made the order online, over the phone or in person at their home. Apart from that there is no right to cancel if you simply change your mind.

The fact you went to the studio (their premises) means the distance right to cancel (the cooling-off period) does not apply I am afraid. The only way out of the contract is if their service is not as described, not fit for purpose, or they misrepresented the contract in some way.

Simply changing your mind doesn't apply unless the cooling-off situation does (paid online, by phone, for example).

Sorry to give you the negative news re the cancellation of the contract but I have outlined the situation as best I can. If there is any situation with misrepresentation or mis-selling then as I say, you could get out of the contract that way. If not then I am afraid it would be a binding agreement.

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If I block the payment what will happen
They may try to sue in a small claim (for breach of contract).
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
And what this incur into?
They claim the sum for the product (the amount you agreed to pay), the court fee and interest at 8%. If they win then they get a CCJ against you - as long as you paid that within 30 days then it doesn’t get registered with credit agencies. It would take them several weeks to get a CCJ.
I hope I answered your original question-if so could you please accept the answer and give me a rating. Thanks and have a good evening