Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am considering divorcing my husband after 21 years of

Hi. I am considering divorcing my husband after 21 years of marriage. If I move out of our large detached house into a self contained caravan on our property will these be viewed as abandonment of my husband, please?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Wiltshire, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. My husband had a stroke 7 years ago and is partially disabled together with suffering with the onset of Vascular Dementia. I have had problems with alcohol in the past and am now recovering. He has been very verbally abusive to me in front of friends and our 17 and 18 year old daughters. I am prepared to carry on looking after him but I no longer wish to live with him
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: our property is worth between 1.5 and 2 million pounds. I am his 3rd wife and he has seven children including our 2 daughters. He will not disclose details of his will, gives me very little money and I am at my wits end. If it wasn’t for friends of mine who are tenants in one of the properties here I would not be able to cope

Hi thank you for your message, this would not likely be sufficient for abandonment as you would still be on the estate with him. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.