plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Hope you're doing well. So my partner has received a legal

Hi, hope you're doing well. So my partner has received a legal letter from court in Poland. It was delivered today without any envelope, with annex from Royal Courts of Justice in London ( i'm guessing it went through there) but may concern is that i think it is a huge GDPR breach.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom Newcastle upon Tyne
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, as it was delivered today, we found it in post.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Please tell me more. How can I assist?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
So my fiancee has received a legal letter from Polish court about the child maintenance which her father was paying to her. She started working so she informed that she doesn't need them anymore. Because of law in Poland, they sent her a letter with all information. I'm guessing that the letter was delivered to Royal Courts of Justice first (as we have Annex attached). The letter was opened, annex attached and no one put the documents back in envelope. The documents were delivered today and left in the post, no envelope, nobody asked for a signature, all personal info was on the first two pages. So i'm looking for advise now as i'm working in customer support and from what i have learned when i was trained, it is a huge GDPR breach. Please can you advise if i'm right? I can also attach a copy of this letter as there is a reference written with stamp "ZUZUSTERIEN - TO BE SERVED.

To be clear - personal documents were delivered with no envelope?

You could contact the ICO and make a complaint about this, see here:

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

Can I clarify anything further at this stage?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes, personal documents were delivered with no envelope or signature. Brilliant i will do this. Thank you very much for advise!

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter