12826847

My brother has been arrested and is currently held in

Hello, my brother has been arrested and is currently held in prison. He has spend there already 3weeks or so, however has not been given any information about court dates and he cannot organize any legal aid. He has asked me to arrange legal aid and to contact him, however I am not sure where to start. Are prisoners not allowed to get any legal advise at prison and will not be
Assistant: Where is your brother? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: And will not be supported by any lawers when he goes to court?
Assistant: What steps has your brother taken so far?
Customer: He is currently in Bullington hmp
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if its possible for him to get legal aid. Also if I should be trying to get help or will he be provided with lawyer on court date. Thank you

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What is he charged with?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Drink and driving. It waa second time now.

Has he pleaded guilty?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello, i am not sure. However i assume so as he was caught after hitting another car.

Thank you. There are business cards of solicitors all over prisons. The access to legal advice is not withheld at all. The prison jungle drums really only discusses the merits of legal advice and so he does have access. The reality is though that a solicitor is unlikely to want to attend a prison visit for what is ultimately a drink-driving when the conference can be held court. alternatively he can use the duty solicitor.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hello, thank youbfir your response. Please could you advise how he can access duty solicitors? He has advised that he has no access for help

He does not have access to duty solicitors in prison but he would at court

Unless he pays privately of course but I suppose that isn't possible.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok, great. Thank you for your answers

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/