How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7229
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We are selling our house but it been rented for seven years.

This answer was rated:

We are selling our house but it been rented for seven years . The solicitor need a bill from the address with our name on it . It proving difficult because we haven’t lived there for seven years what can we do
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: well we gave her the landlord licence and the deeds
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no


Why do they require such a document and have you explained why you are unable to provide it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yea we have but they still want one don’t understand
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we explain to them
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Don’t want to talk live the cost is an issue
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any legal thing we can say to them to satisfy them
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey I need ansewers

I would advise you to instruct another solicitor as the current solicitor does not seem to understand that you are not able to provide such a document.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We are supposed to exchange soon and that will take too much time
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is that a legal thing or we can say to her just go ahead because we can’t or would it be against the law

In that case you need to be firm with your solicitor and tell them to go ahead and you can't provide the document.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks

You are welcome. Please click on 5 stars so that I may close this question.

UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you