Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I hope you can help. I took out a phone and broadband

Hi I hope you can help. I took out a phone and broadband contract with Think Communications in 2016. It was a verbal agreement with them and my previous business Preloved Saddle’s. Since then the telecoms company has changed there provider so I am now charged by Daisy. I am trying to close my account they are trying to charge me a 3 month cancellation fee as they are saying the contract is a small business contract. I have highlighted it was a 24 month contract with Preloved Saddle’s (which ceased trading in 2018). The agreement was also with Think not Daisy. Can you advise? Thanks.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have put in writing by email all of the above. But they are still telling me I have to pay a 3 month cost cancellation fee.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don’t think so. Thanks
Hi thank you for your message, did you receive a new contract after your supplier switched?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No I have looked through all documentation. After cancellation this week they sent me the recorded verbal agreement between think communication and Preloved as there reason for charge. It clearly states it’s the conversation it’s a 24 month agreement with Preloved Saddle’s.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Please cancel the call I was not aware of cost of £44
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Message only please. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have just received a call please cancel the call request
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I would still like an answer to my question please? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi am a likely to get a reply to my message or shall I close my account? Thanks