How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16033
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My wife is 8 days away from applying for the absolute for

This answer was rated:

Hi my wife is 8 days away from applying for the absolute for divorce, I’m not happy with the financials regarding her pension, how do I make my case , thank you.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Hi know I’ve had correspondence I’ve done nothing as yet it’s all getting a little messy.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Notts
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

have you made your feelings known before now?

what is the issue please

F E Smith and 7 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I’ve pretty much left it alone , but I feel I have every right .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I telephoned twice as 11 a.m. but there was no answer.

You need to stop her getting the decree absolute while you make an application for a financial order.

As part of the divorce process, if you want to draw line and finances, you need to apply for a financial order:

Which draws a line under the finances of the marriage and prevents either of you coming back to the other, in some years time, asking for more money if circumstances have changed (the lottery?).

It stop spouses coming out of the woodwork, years after the event like this:

and here

here is an article on preventing the decree being made absolute:

and a little more reading:

Delaying the Absolute can put pressure to bring a financial settlement particularly if the other side are looking to get remarried.