JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I followed the advice given to register my claim online HM

Good Morning. I followed the advice given to register my claim online HM Courts & Tribunals service. Unfortunately, i couldn't proceed, as the defendants postcode is in Scotland. The page states must be in England and Wales.I have found the Scottish equivalent Courts & Tribunals Service. Can you assist in the letter i should send to the bookmaker. As we are dealing with diffrent practises and protocols.

Morning, this is Jim.

You can use the European Small Claims Procedure which is much easier - the limit is 5,000 euro so you can use this service.

You need to fill in the attached Form A and attach any evidence you wish to rely upon to your local county court.

The form asks for your bank details and the 25 euro issue fee will be deducted but added to your claim sum.

The court will then serve the form on the defendant company who then has 30 days to respond. The court will consider the response and give judgment on the claim (or if further details are required the court will write to either party). They may hold an oral hearing (by telephone if the court has the facilities - which most do) but with the facts of this case it is unlikely as it should be capable of being dealt with on paper. If you win you get a certificate against the company which means they must pay your claim.

I presume you have already sent the defendant a letter before action. If so then you can send the Form A to the court and start the claim right away.

I hope this helps - if you can please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, I can answer follow up questions at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
HI, i have just done a Euro to Pounds conversion. 5,000 Euro is £4263 approx. So can i go down this route. Many thanks,
Arona

Yes, from your previous question you said you were owed £4,000 or thereabouts so you can use the European Small Claims procedure

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok, i will try that. Thank you

no problem, thanks again