Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Jeremy, Hope this message finds you well. I do not have any

Good morning Jeremy,
Hope this message finds you well.
I do not have any answer yet from the property manager regarding my last email (sent last Friday morning) and the checkout taking place next week Thursday 12th December. They know I've got two kids at school and the move in the other house around these dates and I need to organise the day (I've already just in case manage to be able to do the checkout that day from 9 to 5pm so I'll be available for sure that day). I'm not sure they will try to pretend not to have received that email as they have already without my consent organised the 13th with their checkout company and do not want to move that appointment (they have not shared anyway about any time). Else they wait the last day of visits from their applicants (booked this Wednesday evening) to formulate an answer that I won't like as they won't need me anymore for their applicants. Do you think a good idea to chase with another email or to drop a letter 1st class towards them? I do not like that kind of things but I'd like things organized properly before next week. And regarding their way of acting with harassment since a while and emails written only legally to protect themselves I've the feeling they try to play sneakily unfortunately. Could you share with me your thoughts, if it does make sense to chase or wait. And maybe write for me an email/ letter (if i was in French I would not need any help but as it's not my first language I think it won't be enough accurate and well written).
Many thanks. ***** to pay a special tariff if it takes more time to answer that question and formulate the wording.
Thank you very much.
Best wishes,
Isabelle
Hi Isabelle, thank you for your message, I would recommend you call them and chase that way. If they agree to a checkout on the 12 December then ask them to send confirmation in writing. You could also record the conversation for evidence purposes if you want I beleive there are apps you can get that do this. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi Jeremy and thank you for your answer,

In the meantime they answered today to my email (the one you wrote) but I think they did not appreciate that I asked to change the day of the checkout and try to say now that they are going to change it for me as a favour and to accommodate me like they do all the time since I have to communicate with them. That's the first time for me a landlord/agent asked to do the checkout the day after the end of the contract and to be honest regarding the poor previous context I guess they agent and/ or landlord just wanted to be present after our move and before the checkout.
I create another question for you regarding the Answer I may offer and with some more details. Hopefully next week I won’t have to deal with that company any longer. Thank you in advance.
Isabelle

Thank you Isabelle, much appreciated I will respond to the other query now.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you very much Jeremy for your huge help!
Really appreciate it a lot. I answered so far on my own on these topics during that tenancy and felt uncomfortable so I feel now more confident and protected by someone who know perfectly these kind of topics and issues.
Thank you again.
Isabelle

No problem at all, thank you for the bonus payments also these are much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
That's normal :) Thank you again for your huge help and the rapidity of your answers! Good evening.

Have a good evening.