12826847

Need some advice, I live near Romford, in, Briefly i had to

Hi yes need some advice
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live near Romford , in ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Briefly i had to go court for water penetration from neighbouring property. The court case was decided against me as the neighbours according to eperts had Party wall rights. But after the court case a private survey by land surveyor refuted it and said that party wall is astride the boundary line which was according to plans made when the side extensions were made by the then owners. An opinion by land barrister says that party wall assessment does not affect or something like that and legal boundary line does not change. Legal boundary line does not change for registered land. Now when i want to make a determined boundary line application to Land registry the neighbours lawyer has said that the judge determined it.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But the judge as far as i know now from land registrys requirements never asked for anything like that and just accepted what he was told which has been determined already to be wrong.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help ?

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I had a court case for water penetration from neighbours property. When i wanted to repair roof i could not do so as the building consultant i employed and neighbours RICs surveyor said the party wall is on the land of neighbours and it is a section 20 b wall . I wanted to raise it but then could not.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Any idea when the solicitor will call

I have been asked to look at this for you as landlord is more of my area.

Could you explain exactly what happened here please? It is not at all clear from your original posting.

I need complete details from beginning to end of what happened before and what the current problem is please. Thank you.