How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77682
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Need some advice, I live near Romford, in, Briefly i had to

This answer was rated:

Hi yes need some advice
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live near Romford , in ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Briefly i had to go court for water penetration from neighbouring property. The court case was decided against me as the neighbours according to eperts had Party wall rights. But after the court case a private survey by land surveyor refuted it and said that party wall is astride the boundary line which was according to plans made when the side extensions were made by the then owners. An opinion by land barrister says that party wall assessment does not affect or something like that and legal boundary line does not change. Legal boundary line does not change for registered land. Now when i want to make a determined boundary line application to Land registry the neighbours lawyer has said that the judge determined it.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But the judge as far as i know now from land registrys requirements never asked for anything like that and just accepted what he was told which has been determined already to be wrong.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help ?

Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77682
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had a court case for water penetration from neighbours property. When i wanted to repair roof i could not do so as the building consultant i employed and neighbours RICs surveyor said the party wall is on the land of neighbours and it is a section 20 b wall . I wanted to raise it but then could not.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any idea when the solicitor will call

I have been asked to look at this for you as landlord is more of my area.

Could you explain exactly what happened here please? It is not at all clear from your original posting.

I need complete details from beginning to end of what happened before and what the current problem is please. Thank you.