UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I went to Aldi to buy some groceries, came back after an

I went to Aldi to buy some groceries, came back after an hour and 10 mins to find a parking ticket by UK Parking Control Ltd....I had spent in Aldi roughly £145 …
I contacted Aldi who said they don't deal with this enforcer since it's a shared car park with other shops so they can't help....
I appealed with UK Parking Control and they came back with
" We have investigated your appeal based on the information you have submitted and confirm that this parking charge was correctly issued because there are sufficient signs at Vastern Court advising drivers that vehicles must be parked only within designated marked bays."They have given me 3 options : 1) Pay 2) appeal with Popla but if I do so I automatically lose the discounted offer ( from £100 to £60 ) 3 ) ignore it but they will increase the charges and take me to court.I viewed the pictures and the car is half a wheel over the white line of the bay....what should I do ?

You could consider sending them a £20 cheque along with a letter saying the cheque is in full and final settlement. If they bank it, then you may consider the matter closed as I would be very surprised if they filed court proceedings after banking the cheque.

They may go to court over this, or they may choose not to and if they do, it would be up to them to show evidence that you were in breach of the parking terms by placing a wheel outside the marked bays.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
is it worth appealing to Popla - or am I in the wrong here and would potentially lose if I did ?

As your wheel was over the marked bay, I do not think it worth appealing.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars