UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Is this a free service or how do costs work? Sale in

Hi is this a free service or how do costs work?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sale in Manchester
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none, I am looking for some advice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Please ask your question.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
my question is this: my name is on the deeds of my late mother and fathers house (as I lived there when they bought it and had to go on the mortgage to enable them to get a mortgage) My father died in 2011, my mother died last month. she has left a will naming me and my sister as executors. As my name is on the deeds, do I legally own the house (this is not to 'diddle' my siblings out of their inheritance but to ensure fair play, I want to buy the house from them and they are asking to much, I just want to make a point)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am just a little unsure of paying £44, can you give me a definitive answer?

Are you named as the sole owner?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok, my question is above

Please upload a copy of the title?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm afraid I don't have it, it is with the bank
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it is my mum, my dad and me having equal shares in the house

Did you hold as joint tenants or tenants in common?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid, does this have a major bearing on the answer

Yes, that has a major bearing.

You may obtain a copy of the title from the Land Registry online.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
would this take some time? could I contact the bank to ask to have a look at the deeds ?

You may get a copy instantly online for £3: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QuickEnquiryInit.do?_ga=2.57737706.1185071565.1575374416-266670838.1556608427

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks just trying to get it

okay.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
i obtained the title, it doesn't say joint tenants or tenants in common, have I accessed the wrong document?

Please copy and paste it or upload it

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Title Number : GM334764
This title is dealt with by HM Land Registry, Fylde Office.
The following extract contains information taken from the register of the above title number. A full copy of the register accompanies this document and you should read that in order to be sure that these brief details are complete.
Neither this extract nor the full copy is an 'Official Copy' of the register. An official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent as the original. A person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar if he or she suffers loss by reason of a mistake in an official copy.
This extract shows information current on 3 DEC 2019 at 13:38:04 and so does not take account of any application made after that time even if pending in HM Land Registry when this extract was issued.
REGISTER EXTRACT
Title Number
Address of Property
Price Stated
Registered Owner(s)
Lender(s)
: GM334764
: 4 Wrekin Avenue, Newall Green
: Not Available
: ARTHUR JAMES APPLETON, HILDA MAY APPLETON and CAROLE ANN APPLETON of 4 Wrekin Avenue, Newall Green, Manchester.
: None
1 of 2
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Title number GM334764
This is a copy of the register of the title number set out immediately below, showing the entries in the register on 3 DEC 2019 at 13:38:04. This copy does not take account of any application made after that time even if still pending in HM Land Registry when this copy was issued.
This copy is not an 'Official Copy' of the register. An official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent as the original. A person is entitled to be indemnified by the registrar if he or she suffers loss by reason of a mistake in an official copy. If you want to obtain an official copy, the HM Land Registry web site explains how to do this.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
A: Property Register
This register describes the land and estate comprised in the title.
GREATER MANCHESTER : MANCHESTER
1 (17.01.1984) The Freehold land shown edged with red on the plan of the above Title filed at the Registry and being 4 Wrekin Avenue, Newall Green.

Please upload your copy using the paperclip icon.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
its not letting me send, its attached!!

I believe it is a joint tenancy in which case, you own the entire property is you are the only surviving owner left.

If it was a tenancy in common, there would be a restriction in the proprietorship register.

Your interest in the property is not affected by any Wills that may have been left by your co-owners.

I would suggest that you make an appointment with a local solicitor, validate my theory and get them to write a letter to your sisters pointing out that you own the property 100% now and they are not entitled to any share in it.

Hope this helps. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hi, is this chat still live?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sorry just had to refresh to see your answer, thank you I will take your advise (how do I rate 5 stars? do I go on trustpilot?