chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My neighbour's roofer made several holes in my roof while

my neighbour's roofer made several holes in my roof while changing my neighbours roof
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i talked to the neighbour yesterday and he said he would tell the roofer to patch the holes immediately- yesterday afternoon-he did not and is still here today and i just talked to him for the 3 rd time
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: erdington birmingham
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: are they in birmingham ?

Thank you for your query. Have you obtained a quote for the repair works?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
the roofer is employd by the neighbour and is still here
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
i refuse to pay 44 quids before u even talked or wrote to me

Please ignore the call request, this is automatic through the site

My answer will follow shortly....

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
and i only agreed to pay 5 quids so far

I would suggest that you demand that the repairs be carried out today. If they are not, you should have a contractor visit the site and provide you with a quote for the works. You should then demand that the neighbour cover the costs. If the neighbour refuses, you will have to have the work carried out and ten pay the invoice.

You should then send a copy of the invoice to the neighbour and demand that you are reimbursed or you will issue proceedings without further notice. If at the end of the 14 days you have not been reimbursed, you will have to issue your claim. You will be able to do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
that should do for now, thanks

Its a pleasure.

Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Many thanks,