Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My partner got arrested for being drunk in charge of his

My partner got arrested for being drunk in charge of his vehicle (he was asleep in the car with keys on the passenger seat) he got a court date but missed the date so had handed himself in this morning I would like to know when he will be seen in court and if he will be released

He could be let out later today or it could be in the morning. It is not going to be longer.

The police tend to move very slowly in cases like this.

He could potentially be in the magistrates tomorrow but more likely he will be bailed for a future date.

He now has two offences to deal with, failing to appear and of course the drunk in charge of a motor-vehicle offence. It’s unlikely he would get away with either I am sorry to say even in these circumstances.

The fact that he surrendered himself really works well in his favour.

If I have answered your question for you, at the top of the page, you should see a rating facility. Can you please rate my reply 3 stars or more because that really helps me? Please note you are not rating whether it’s favourable, because sometimes you may not get the answer you want, but basically my knowledge and way of dealing.

The thread does not close and I am happy to answer any questions you may have arising from this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok so we are due to go on holiday on Thursday morning is he going to be able to come?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is most important right now as I need to make arrangements if he is not going to able to travel

I can see no reason why not because it’s unlikely that he’s going to be in court in the next 2 weeks. He just needs to make sure that he tells the police that he is on holiday. I assume that is no suggestion that he is going to abscond and never come back into the country!

If you could help me, in the way that I have helped you, I would be obliged if you could please use the rating service because that gives payment for my time and expertise it today.

If anything else crops up, we can still exchange notes.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No ofcourse not we are home after a weeks holiday we have a young son and he is very distressed at the moment at the thought of his dad not coming on holiday it is all very stressful for us