Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have recieved a letter from a company called Debt Recovery

I have recieved a letter from a company called Debt Recovery Plus.Its for a parking fine in a Morrisons Partick.The date of the charge is 20/04/2017.I have never had any correspondence from this or any other company in connection with this fine.They want me to pay £155.My registration number is ***** my old car SJ65 OJE.Is this legal and do I have to pay this fine.At the bottom of the letter they display that they are members of IPC but I have lookedthem up and there is record of them being members.Can you help me?Regards ***** *****.
Hi thank you for your message, it appears that they send inaccurate letters out to people requesting money for fines. In this case as it’s been more than 2 years since the alleged incident and have not been contacted by anyone until now I consider you can safely ignore this letter. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for this information so I should ignore this letter.?

Yes, you can do. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.